Alex Abulafia is a corporate lawyer and an investment banker turned entrepreneur with an extensive communal history and understanding of our community.
As Treasurer and then President of Emanuel School from 1999 – 2006 he was instrumental in transforming the school into a robust and vibrant place of education for the entire community. Alex then went on to assist Jewish Care with their capital appeal – the result of which stands proudly in Saber St with their new premises. His other communal involvements include:
- Australian Friends of Hebrew University (1997 – 2000, Director)
- JCA Appeal Chairman and Executive Committee Member (2006 – 2008) and former Vice President of JCA
- Chairman Jewish Care Foundation (2009 to date)
- JNF (Jewish National Fund) NSW (New South Wales) (2011 to 2015, President)
- Trustee of both the Kesser Torah Education Fund and JCA’s Education Endowment Fund, positions he has held since 2011
- Board member Montefiore Home (2014 to date).